Are you retired and living on a fixed budget? The holidays can stretch finances to the max. While you may feel tempted to overspend on that bright shiny toy for your grandchild, there are plenty of budget-friendly holiday gifts you can give to ensure you don’t go in the red (unless you’re actually wearing red). Check out some inexpensive gift ideas below.
- Knit or crochet a scarf or stuffed animal
- Create a photo book from online photos
- Create a coloring book
- Prepare a scavenger hunt around your house
- Make homemade slime
- Book a special appearance by Santa
- Iron a design on a shirt
- Make a small tied-fleece blanket
- Sew a superhero cape
- Make costume jewelry with big beads and string
- Put together a cookie baking kit with all of the ingredients
- Craft a simple toy from wood
- Package paper, colored pencils, and paint together for a homemade art kit
- Make a creative “piggy” bank
- Build a chalkboard with chalkboard paint
- Put together a basket of candy and snacks
- Buy travel versions of games — they’re usually cheaper!
- Assemble a s’mores kit
- Make bingo cards for a classic holiday movie — winner gets a prize!
- Write prompts in a notebook to make a guided journal
- Create a felt doll
- Paint a wooden sign
- Make a personalized growth chart with wallpaper
To help protect your budget from other unexpected expenses, consider getting a Medicare Supplement plan. These plans help with those surprise out-of-pocket costs that are common with doctor and hospital visits and other health care needs.
To get help finding a Medicare Supplement plan in your area, call United Medicare Advisors for an unbiased, personalized shopping experience. We’ll help you compare plans and enroll — all in one easy call. Call us now at (855) 665-9200.
Published: November 29, 2021